Buy – Refurb – Rent
This property was purchased in December 2022.
It hadn’t had any upgrading done for about 30 to 40 years.
The video will show you “before & after” photos and you will see how the property has been transformed!
This property has been purchased for the rental market. The standard of the refurbishment is of a good quality to attract a good quality tenant but we have not broken the bank with the refurbishment costs.
From the time we collected the keys to the time a tenant moved in was just under 2 months… and this was over the festive season!
The key to this project being successful was:
- Local knowledge of the area
- Knowing what the property would rent for in a “done up” condition
- A good & reliable “Power Team” of tradesmen
- Good planning of the project
- Quick decision making
- Reliable suppliers
- A pro-active, fast & reliable letting agency!
The refurbishment included the following:
- New boiler & radiators
- New carpets & LVT flooring throughout
- New decoration throughout
- New internal doors & ironmongery
- New kitchen & appliances
- New bathroom including: bath, shower, basin, toilet, shower screen & wet-wall
- New lighting
- Upgraded fusebox
- All new compliance certificate
The cost of the project has come in at about £15,000 which was a little over budget, but inflation has bumped up prices for materials!
The property was on the market for all of 1 week while the very first viewer was going through credit and reference checks!